Friday, November 18, 2011

Its been a while...

I have not posted in a while and it is not from lack of playing. I have actually gotten the opportunity to play quite a bit recently. I wish I could say that I have been playing or running well. I went through about a ten tourney strectch where I did not cash. That is the longest that I have gone without cashing in the last 2 years. Luckily I broke that streak came in third in the last 2 tourneys that I played in. Hopefully my luck will hold out through day 2 of the CPMG classic. I will have a whole post about that after the tourney.

I am playing a lot of cash games. I AM RUNNING AND PLAYING HORRIBLY. I am not really sure why. I seem to get a decent stack and then lose. I have tried to evaluate each session and I do not think that I have been playing too many hands or overplaying my hands. I played at Hip Hop's game on Wednesday. I lost. Again. The first big hand I lost I was really stupid. I just changed tables and Brian was on my left. I really dont like him very much and I think that it played into my horrible play. I raised with AJ s. I am going to fold that hand from now on. Really. Anyway, he makes a smallish three bet. I did not really believe him, but I still need to fold that hand. It does not play well against a three bet and out of position. Of course I called because I am an idiot. Flop is qq10. I have a gutter and a backdoor flush draw. I check raise all in. Why? Because I am an idiot. No other explanation. He has KK. No suckout for me. Rebuy.

I change tables and go back to my original table. The reason I went back was two-fold. I am not a big fan of Brian so I did not want to sit with him and Doug was dealing the other table and I like the way he controls the table. He is a really good dealer and he does not pontificate about hands like Meat does.

I am cruising along chipping up nicely when I run into a cooler hand. Grayday was hammered and raising a bunch. Colin calls his bets to $16. Matt G. is in the small blind and he makes it $55. I really thought that Matt was squeezing, but I am always cautious when he puts chips into the pot. I looked at his stack and miscounted it. I thought he had about $150 total. He had over $200 behind his raise. I raised to $110. I had qq. He shipped it. After I saw how much he had I really wanted to fold, but I could not fold after making it $110. I wish I would have really looked at his stack better. I do not like getting it in preflop in a cash game with qq, especially with a decent stack. Big mistake. He had AA and flopped top set. If I just call his raise I check fold the flop and lose $55 in the hand. Really upset at myself for that.

A little bit later I go broke in a hand that makes my head explode. I raised preflop with AK o. Flop is A67 with 2 diamonds. I had the ace or king of diamonds I do not remember which. I bet 15 on the flop, Pete calls, Mike T raises. I ship for $165. I just wanted to take the pot down there. Pete goes into the tank. (He had a ton of chips and this $165 was nothing to his stack) He tells me he has a tweener hand and goes all in to put Mike T all in. Mike folds. Pete shows 53 of diamonds. Wow. I just got called with the 5 high flush draw. I really could not believe he called. The reason I was so surprised is because of the action it was very possible that Mike or I had the nut flush draw and he is drawing thin. It was his night as he binked the flush on the river. I flung my cards across the table and left. I don't mind the call from Pete, I am just really sick of everyone getting there against me lately. Oh well. That too will pass.

Hopefully I will only have good luck tomorrow night for day 2 of the classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment